Thursday 15 February 2007

Smokin'

Well i've been smoking for about a year now and... I enjoy it! i like all the aspects of it. I know about the health risks to myself and others, its pretty hard to ignore them with its mass media coverage, but despite all I continue to do it!! To be honest I dont see the reason the non-smoking members of the public have to get involved in the smokers life choices. Non-smokers should be grateful!! This is how I see it, We smokers spend maybe 50 quid a week on cigs while non-smokers can passive smoke for free and get all the good stuff!! Smoking is a great social tool, its nice just to chill with friends have a cig and a chat. It will be even better when the smoking ban comes in, all the smokers will chill in the pub gardens in the summer and your network of friends will grow. Im just enjoying smoking while im young, I do plan to stop once I finish uni, although it definitely is easier said than done!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Donnie,

Just wanted to take issue about your comment stating you can't understand why non-smokers have to get involved in the smoker's life choices. Can I point out that us non-smokers have no choice but to get involved when we're passively smoking their cigarettes!

I lived with my parents until I was 22 and my dad smoked about 30 per day. I had recurring throat problems during the time I lived at home which has left me with a weak throat (I'm 44 now). My mum died of cancer 4 years ago having never smoked a cigarette of her own in her life but 'sharing' my dad's fags for the previous 47 years. OK, so I can't prove a link but I can't help but wonder.

Give up as soon as you can Donnie; I've witnessed at first hand someone dying of lung cancer and it's not pleasant.

Best wishes,
Joanne