Monday 23 April 2007

Lying... With integrity

http://www.channel4.com/culture/microsites/B/bodytalk/lying.html

Lying... I believe is an important part of social behaviour. Lying is a tool used by mostly everyone to manipulate situations, people and... life!! I see nothing wrong with telling white lies or lying in general, I only have a problem with it when a lie goes too far or damages someone else's reputation and becomes slander. I've told a few lies in my time, who hasn't? I think lies can serve a positive purpose, for example; to avoid hurting someones feelings, to makes ones self sound more interesting, to hide something personal from others, there are numerous good attributes to telling lies!! I think that one problem as to why many people don't like lying is deciet. I think People don't like to be decieved, thats why when the truth comes out theres often anger and upset. Lies have there negitive aspects too but I think that those who tell lies in that sence emphasise their bad charactor.


No comments: