Monday 19 March 2007

Alcohol Abuse

I think that alcohol abuse is something that it taking the UK by storm, especially amongst those aged 16 to 30. Being at uni, there is an expectation that all students are 'piss heads,' but in that case i would be the exception!! Im 19 and I have been drunk three times, and when I say drunk I mean mashed!! The first time I got drunk I went out to town with my friend Lindsay, we paid into this bar and it was all you could drink... so I did! I was fine that night, just pissed off my face!! When the morning came I had to climb over Lindsay out of bed and dash to the bathroom... I made it to the door and pucked everywhere... not a nice experience, I was in bed for the next two days!! The other two times I was at parties and I was mixing vodka and JD, (never again!) I was fine until all the drink hit me and I was out of it!! Luckily I have great friends and they looked after me!! Since then I have being very careful with my drink, I get merry but never drunk, or so pissed that I cant make out faces! The last time I was drunk was the 22ND of Oct 2005!! I think that like smoking, alcohol is a poison to the body, and I smoke instead of drink it would be nice if I could do neither but that will come with time!!

Those that do abuse alcohol and become alcoholic are on a very dangerous path. Alcohol not only endangers your own life but also others as one can develop a volatile personality and temperament. Alcohol abuse is a very dangerous reality in Britain and with changing attitudes towards the way in which youths are disciplined, I can see an intoxicated future as more and more youths turn to alcohol before 16.



http://www.niaaa.nih.gov

No comments: