Wednesday 14 March 2007

Drugs


I wouldn't class myself as a drug user... yes i smoke weed, but only now and then!! Also it is disputed as to whether it should be classed as a drug. Drug takers are those who are on the hardcore stuff like Coke, Ket, Acid, LSD, Heroin etc. Not been a drug taker and having not tried many drugs, i feel it is not my place to have an opinion, but having said that it is up to those who use drugs as to whether they decide to abuse a drug by using it too much!! I have friends who have taken drugs and their experiences differ widely, but none are experiences I would wish on myself, I feel that when on drugs one loses some sense of control and are not always conscious of their actions... if you know what i mean!! It may sound that I am living on the cautious side of life, but hey, im happy with a green rush!! When im high on weed, its proper comedy... all i do is laugh and have a good time. Again though there are two extremes, before my Dad died he was an excessive user of weed and shit like that and as a result he became schizophrenic, this also runs in the family, but it is believed that smoking weed can have an adverse effect, bringing on such episodes. I have nothing against drug users, as long as it doesn't directly effect me and at the same time i believe all drugs, if taken, should be done so in moderation.

http://www.dare.uk.com

1 comment:

Triple Being Bad said...

I would suggest that if it is on the statute books then in the eyes of the law you would be classed as a drug user. Put it another way if you can be prosecuted in a court of law for drug taking then you are a drug user. I agree that there is much debate over certain class C drugs but if you don't like the law then either start a campaign, go and see your local Member of Parliament or stand for election next time there is either a local election or general election.
I agree with some of your comments such as if "it doesn't directly effect me." but it could be argued that this is a 'not in my back yard' type of an argument.