Saturday 3 March 2007

Prostitution

Where I live in Leeds, it is formally known for prostitution. At times I would walk up the street with my mates and get asked if we wanted 'any business,' to which we all replied 'no!.' Back in the day, me my younger brother and my cousin would shoot the prostitutes with a BB gun and watch them go mad, in reflection we can see it was harsh, but a good laugh at the time!! We knew the prostitutes by name, they were all a bit crazy; there was 'Mad Tracey,' 'Tina turner' and 'Stacey' to name a few. The prostitutes have now moved from my area to Harehills in Leeds. Personally I dont have a problem with men or women selling their bodies for sex, its personal choice and... theres a market for it!! Looking at other countries where prostitution is legalised, one finds that it is a professionally run business with health and safety as well as other regulations in place to protect prostitutes and their customers. However what I do have a problem with is those who are unfortunate enough to be forced into prostitution or those with pimps, high on crack, who often beat them as a result. Prostitution is fine as long as it is not subject to abuse or the infringement of peoples rights.



No comments: