Thursday 10 May 2007

Comments on my Blog

Smoking

http://wolves-r-gr8.blogspot.com/

  • Hi Donnie, Just wanted to take issue about your comment stating you can't understand why non-smokers have to get involved in the smoker's life choices. Can I point out that us non-smokers have no choice but to get involved when we're passively smoking their cigarettes!I lived with my parents until I was 22 and my dad smoked about 30 per day. I had recurring throat problems during the time I lived at home which has left me with a weak throat (I'm 44 now). My mum died of cancer 4 years ago having never smoked a cigarette of her own in her life but 'sharing' my dad's fags for the previous 47 years. OK, so I can't prove a link but I can't help but wonder.Give up as soon as you can Donnie; I've witnessed at first hand someone dying of lung cancer and it's not pleasant. Best wishes,Joanne
    18 March 2007 18:22

Drugs

http://triplebbeingbadblog.blogspot.com/

  • I would suggest that if it is on the statute books then in the eyes of the law you would be classed as a drug user. Put it another way if you can be prosecuted in a court of law for drug taking then you are a drug user. I agree that there is much debate over certain class C drugs but if you don't like the law then either start a campaign, go and see your local Member of Parliament or stand for election next time there is either a local election or general election. I agree with some of your comments such as if "it doesn't directly effect me." but it could be argued that this is a 'not in my back yard' type of an argument.
    14 March 2007 22:30

Domestic Abuse

http://99daniell-daniel.blogspot.com/

  • I agree with the comments you are making here as men, women and especially children should not be victims of domestic abuse. However, I disagree with the point about male cases being dismissed as there are several cases of men being victims of domestic abuse by women. I totally agree with the fact that people are too scared to come forward as in many cases it is their partner who is abusing them and they do not want thier partner to get into trouble.
    26th April 2007 16:25

Smacking

http://sharni-tc.blogspot.com/

  • I totally agree with Adonis and where hes took his point of view from. I was also disaplined through out my childhood and as a result have come to learn that every action causes a reaction. As my mum always says "only you are responsible for what you do and nobody else". Adonis's refrence to the notion of fear from a parent, is also correct; it puts forth an authority figure whos job is to correct their childs behaviour. "Learning starts within the home", correcting beahviour within the home will lead to good conduct outside in a social environment. "Learn to dance a yard before you dance abroad", a Jamaican saying which means the primaray place for learning and correction has to take place in the home in order to conduct themselves in a fashionable manner within society.
    02 May 2007 14:17

http://curly-sue7.blogspot.com/

  • I agree that children need to be disciplined, but I don't know whether smacking is often the right way to go about it. You talked about "crossing the line" when referring to beating a child, but I think that line is difficult to place. Where is the line between smacking and abuse? This is what worries me, a parent could claim that he or she was simply disciplining the child when others could see it as beating; this difference in opinion is what is dangerous.There is also another point. When a parent believes their child to have done wrong when they in fact haven't, the child faces injustice at the hands of their parents and looses trust. When children are smacked undeservedly the child begins to resent its parents, so I think that smacking should be a last resort and that other forms of discipline (ones that don't include violence, such as taking away the child's favorite toy, or grounding them etc) should at least be tried first before resorting to smacking.
    04 may 2007 11:52

No comments: